I have such a hard time finding new healthy meals to make for dinner. I do great for breakfast and my lunches at work, but at dinner time it is so hard for me to come up with a meal that everyone in my house loves. And on top of that I need something quick and easy because the last thing I want to do when I come home is stand in the kitchen for 2 hours and make dinner.
My favorite meal is chicken stir-fry with avocado. It was during one of the many snow storms in my area where I needed to make something for dinner and I couldn’t go to the store. I had some chicken, avocados, peppers and onions, limes and cilantro. I put that all together with some rice and created my favorite dinner. It is so good that even my picky husband loves it. It is super easy and you can add whatever you want to it. Be warned for cilantro haters that there is a fair amount of the stuff in this recipe. Just omit it if you hate it that much – but you should really get over that because cilantro is delicious.
Chicken and Avocado Stir-Fry
- 3-4 chicken breasts cut into pieces
- 3 peppers (I like using multi-colored ones)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup of cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Adobe seasoning to taste
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado per person (this usually can feed up to 4 people)
- Add some olive oil to a pan and cook the chicken.
- Cut the peppers and onions into strips and add to the chicken.
- Cook entire finished.
- Add the salt, pepper and Adobe.
- Add cilantro and fresh lime juice.
- Serve over rice with a side of sliced avocado.
What is your favorite meal to make for a busy work night?
**Side note, the avocado on my featured image is from Nutrition Stripped. I love their recipes and you can actually order a avocado love t-shirt from them. Go check out their website or their Instagram account to be inspired.**